The 92-page report is the most in-depth analysis of the cricket sponsorship market to date. It lists 788 deals from around the world with either reported values or estimates. This provides the reader with a clear picture of who sponsors cricket and how much they pay. The data is further analysed using 60 charts and tables to show detailed analysis and trends by country, by industry sector, by company and by international source of sponsorship investment.
Key issues identified include:
- India now biggest sponsorship market
- Rights holders struggling to maintain fee value
- Scandals have hit rights fees
- Developing countries have mature sponsor profile
- Developed countries have problem with 'old' sponsorship profile
- Rights durations short in India - a problem for BCCI in particular
- Financial services spend less on cricket than other sports
- Alcohol still a major player in all major nations
- Too much clutter in English cricket
Simon Rines discuss the key issues in the cricket sponsorship report
The report answers key questions for anyone invloved in cricket sponsorship:
- What is the sponsorship profile for all cricketing nations?
- Why does that profile need to change?
- Which industry sector doesn't bother with the ICC?
- Can Australia and the West Indies grow their rights fees?
- Why might doping and match fixing scandals not hurt sponsors?
Professionals involved in cricket sponsorship will benefit from an improved knowledge of deal values and the structure of sponsorship within cricket. It will enable to them have a better understanding of values, of opportunities and of the companies and rights holders involved.
The report reduces the time spent getting a full knowledge of cricket sponsorship and informs negotiations, decision making and provides enhanced reporting.
The report is available as a one-off publication or as part of an annual subscription to Sponsorship Today.
Victoria Bitter - a major sponsor of Cricket Australia - but how much does it spend?
Buy the Global Cricket Sponsorship report now and receive a free copy of the highly acclaimed report Twenty20 Vision: The Commercial Future of Cricket. The report analyses the business model of Twenty20 cricket in the IPL and considers its impact on cricket around the world.
It features major best practice case studies from Standard Bank in South Africa and Yorkshire CCC in England.
The report will be added to all orders made before 28 February 2014. To place your oder, simply click 'Add to cart' at the top of this page.
News release: Cricket sponsorship passes $400 million
Sponsorship Today is a monthly report series providing extensive global sponsorship data and analysis on a specific sector each month.
Sectors include sports properties, countries/regions and sponsoring industries.
Subscribe to Sponsorship Today
Australia / New Zealand sponsorship analysis
Naming rights - Global sponsorship analysis
Beer - Global sponsorship analysis
International sports federations - Global sponsorship analysis
Brazil - National sponsorship analysis
Airlines - Global sponsorship analysis
European Premier League Soccer - Club sponsorship analysed