New 2014/15 European soccer sponsorship report is the most comprehensive yet published. The report lists and analyses 1179 deals across Europe's six major soccer leagues: The English Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and the Eredivisie.
Every deal of any significance is presented with the name of the sponsor, the industry sector, start/end dates (where disclosed) and a reported or estimated value provided.
Manchester United takes 11% of European club sponsorship
Key findings include:
- Huge disparity between commercial giants and the rest
- Manchester United takes 11% of all sponsorship income
- 92% increase in French shirt deal value with major growth in England and Spain
- Market immaturity in Spain, France and Italy
- Major opportunities missed
- Chelsea and Liverpool under-performing
- German companies spend most across continent
- Dutch and German leagues have 'best' sponsors
- Sponsorship a key factor in driving revenue inequality
The report is an essential tool for all those working in the professional soccer or sponsorship industries in Europe. It helps professionals to understand the market, track clubs, brands and industry sectors and benchmark values.
Sponsorship reports now available as single subscription
All Sponsorship Today reports are available as part of an annual IMR content subscription. For $795 per year, subscribers get instant access to the full range of Sponsorship Today reports, IMR's sports management reports and more than 250 research papers published in the International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship.
For more information on the package, please visit our Subscription Page.
Report: European Premier League Soccer 2012/13
Report: Football Sponsorship & Commerce
Journal: Soccer special
News: Man Utd earn 11% of European club sponsorship income